Since I figured it out mounting rubber tracks would be nightmare when the body was assembled, I decided to paint the lower parts and road wheels before hand. Copious amounts of pigments were also used, as this parts will be hard to reach when everything will be glued together and tracks attached.


Same goes for the parts that will be visible from front and rear above the tracks.


Tracks mounted with a little persuasion and some CA glue.


Before attaching them permamently tracks were first primed, followed by black colour. When this dried, I gave them a brown wash followed by drybrushing of steel colour over the raised details. Of course further weathering will involve pigments as well.


And here she is, ready for some paint!