And here we are – the paint is on and the thing looks like the real deal now. Well not really yet, as engines area is still masked, some parts are still not installed and of course, it hasn’t been weathered yet. But all of this in due course.
Paints used for the camo are ModelMaster 1508 Light Blue and 2032 Bright Blue FS35183.
It looks great. Can you please post a picture of how you created the pattern? I’ve tried masking tape, takky and plastic and it always bleeds between colors
Hi Dan! Thank you for your comment. Actually I’ve cut thin strips of Tamiya masking tape, about 1mm wide or even slightly less. If you check how I did the engine area panels on my Su-35S, it’s basically the same technique. https://vvsmodelling.com/2014/09/01/su-35s-flanker-e-pt-4/
You have to be careful though, when you apply the masking tape strips, you have to burnish them down to prevent any bleed-unders. And the thinner the tape, the neater the curve will be.
Thank you Sebastijan. Ill have to try your technique on a few different ones before I go ahead and do it in my limited edition SU27 and ruin it…
Thank you again,