_BEN8238

As you can see, my modelling desk is getting cluttered. It’s my way of modelling – start clean and then leave stuff from the current projects on the table until they’re finished. May seem to be disorganized but it is more like organized chaos really. I have to admit, since my last post, I have hit a modelling block, really. And this time I know what caused it. I’ve had my Slovak MiG painted with all three basic colours when I went unmasking and large areas of Grey colour just peeled off. I’m not sure really what to do now but I hope I can salvage it somehow. At least Egyptian machine is now painted up and will receive orange recognition markings tomorrow. Second thing that went wrong was Flanker’s IRST. I cut it off, made a new one from scratch and attached it offset to the right side. But after examining more reference photos, I’ve noticed I was a victim of optical illusion and the device is indeed mounted central to the windshield like with most Flankers. But there’s something good in this at least – Trumpeters part is a bit too small, so I’ll be using mine to correct this flaw. And I know it’s not hard to modify to the offset when I’ll try to convert some Flanker to Su-35S for example. Anyway wingtip pods were attached and so were the scratchbuild ECM pods that form the part of the outmost underwing pylons – others will be added later. Also flaperons and slats were attached and I’m just about to start painting engine/exhaust areas.

Enjoy the nice vid I found today:

Advertisements