Unfortunately things have not gone well since my last update. Next morning after applying the primer, I checked again the models and to my horror, Alclad’s primer has flaked off. Of course I didn’t have any other option than to remove it, wiping it off the surface using nitro-thinner. Later, some modellers confirmed, that Orange Hobby resin kits are covered with some kind of silicone grease for easier separation from molds, but consequently prove hard to clean.

I’ve decided for the second try, to just use enamel colours and sprayed both models with ModelMaster’s Camouflage Gray. 24 hours later, the paint did not peel off and I felt a bit of relief. But the real test still lay in front of me.

009

010

Masking! If there were any greasy hidden spots, masking tape would for sure lift the paint from them. Even though the splinter camouflages can be difficult to mask, it was not the case this time.

011

013

012

Carefully unmasking the models, I was relieved that only small parts of paint were lifted on both models, which were easily corrected by paintbrush. Camouflage on K31 differs a bit than those on K32-34.

014

016

015

Both models are now put aside for the Future to cure before further treatment with oil colours. As picking up correct paints is quite hard, especilly as they differ so much in these small scales, compared to the bigger ones, the lighter shade came of too light and too warm for my taste. I will make a dark grey oil colour filter, which should darken a bit and cool down the lighter shade while connect both colours of the camouflage nicely.

Advertisements